Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight (slight spoiler)

I went to see Dark Knight yesterday after church. In one word, AWESOME! I could not believe that a movie would sell out at 1 In the afternoon on a Sunday. No wonder it broke a box office record For opening weekend ticket sales. When we got to the theater every seat where we usually sit for wheelchairs was taken. No place for me to sit and be with my family. Then as my eyes adjusted I realized there was a ramp instead of stairs to get down to the lower area (a.k.a. The break your neck to see section). So I sat front row center but fortunately with the tilt Mechanism of my chair I was completely comfortable.

The movie was able to keep my attention the whole time. I am not one to give spoilers so I will not give any movie details or comment on my favorite scenes. I will say this though, just as I thought they were wrapping things up they go into more scenes and end up having enough for two movies. I like movies like this because for the price you pay to get in you need to feel you got your money's worth.

In part of the plot the Joker was able to get normally upstanding Citizens to do things they normally wouldn't by preying on them at moments of weakness. When they were having extremely hard times in their life. I really saw that as a representation of how the devil works. At our most difficult moments, at our weakest points he is right there trying to tempt us. Doesn't mean he has to win but those are the moments when we have to be the strongest.

Even if you don't agree with that the movie has a lot to say about how humans can change and literally turn on each other when the chips are down. It was a great movie and I would recommend it to anyone. Unless you have young kids who shouldn't be seen all the violence.

1 comment:

  1. kudos to the makers Dark Knight for their record breaking opening weekend... it's no wonder there's talk of another one coming out ASAP

    ReplyDelete



Powered by FeedBlitz