Friday, May 18, 2007

Pain In The Ass

A little background before talking about the day. A few months ago I was having quite a bit of pain from what I thought was hemorrhoids. Was also getting some bleeding occasionally. So I made an appointment with who I was told was a GI doctor. He turned out to be a surgeon. I got the appointment through my nursing agency but I guess after the fact I found out they also wanted me to at least see this doctor in case at some time down the line I would need him to do the procedure if I were to need a G-tube. His specialty is minimally invasive surgery. Anyway, he informed me they were not hemorrhoids but Sentinel tags which I guess is basically small skin growths. I guess they usually grow near hemorrhoids or tears in the skin. His guess was that it probably was caused from bad constipation sometime in the past. His first recommendation was to soak my butt to make sure it is extra clean. Because the pain is caused from the tags being inflamed. That seemed to work for a bit but then went right back to bothering me. I was also getting a few episodes of quite a bit of bleeding and not seeing any obvious reason for it. So I went back to him. After examining me visually he said he could not see any reason to be bleeding externally. So he recommended I get a colonoscopy to rule out any problems in that area and he wanted me to try to have him remove the tags while they had me sedated for the colonoscopy. Which brings me to today's appointment with the GI doctor. That doctor was not sure if they wanted to do the procedure because of the muscular dystrophy and my compromise the lungs and cardiac function. He said also the fact that I am only 31 and ordinarily there should not be any issues but said if concerned about bleeding could do a barium enema. At first they were not going to do it at all because of what they saw as possible risks. But then decided to get all of my records from my other doctors and talk to my other doctors to get their opinions on my ability to go through the anesthesia/sedation. So a lot of things are up in the air still as far as what to do. Worst case scenario I'll just have to live with it. I was late getting out of the doctors office and when I got downstairs there was no van. So I called PalmTran to see if I had missed my ride and sure enough I had. That part was my fault because I should have called when I only had 15 minutes until I had to be ready for my ride and had not seen the doctor yet. What pissed me off though was when I called them they told me that the driver claims to have talked to me three times. Saying that each time I kept saying five more minutes. I did not talk to anybody. I do not appreciate being lied about. So I had to call later to file a complaint. Whatever good that will do. Not my week for confusion with my transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Powered by FeedBlitz