Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Just A Good Day

Today I had an appointment with my pulmonologist which is basically a five-minute appointment where I get refills on a prescription or two and listens to my lungs. When I have to arrange transportation it is really a pain in ass considering how short of a time I am actually in their office. As usual I got to the appointment so early that the doctor saw me before my appointment time. Which meant I had to sit around and wait an hour for my ride. At least I was a relatively nice day and got a little fresh air waiting. I had made arrangements to go downtown after the appointment and have some lunch. If I would have realized how close the doctor's office was to where I was going I would have not used the van and simply walked. Well actually I guess my nurse would have walked and pushed. By this time we were both starving so immediately went to the restaurant I wanted to eat at only to find out they are no longer opened for lunch. So we went to the restaurant next door which is called Legal Seafood. The prices were slightly higher than I usually pay but it was a nice treat. The food was excellent so worth the price. I also had a drink, rum and Coke. All it took was one since they made it so strong. Definitely not watered down. After lunch we simply walked around and did some window shopping. I checked out the latest expensive televisions and stereos and my nurse looked for clothes (see if you can guess which sex they were). We also ran into this girl who was sitting on her cell phone sending voice messages on some dating service trying to find a date. People she only was talking to for a few minutes she was trying to arrange to meet that day. A little too desperate for my taste. Interesting thing was her name was Hope. Quite fitting I thought. I missed my ride to go home because I was waiting in the wrong spot for them. What happened was the driver who brought us there dropped us off at a different spot than the address I had given. It was just around the corner from the correct address. Stupid me I simply came back to the same location when it was time instead of looking up at the address. Luckily, a van was there picking up some other people so PalmTran had them take me home. We were just a little late getting home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dwight

    Sounds like your pulmonologist is near CityPlace. Or did you go to some other Legal Seafood? My doc is near there as well. Who do you see?

    - Jonathan Hinek

    ReplyDelete



Powered by FeedBlitz