Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Dark Side Of The Moon

Last night I went to see Roger Waters of Pink Floyd in concert. It was a pretty awesome show. It had threatened to rain all day but we got lucky and it was a beautiful night for a show at an amphitheater. I think it may have rained at one point for a bit but our seats were undercover. It was myself, my parents, and a friend of mine Richard who has Beckers Muscular Dystrophy. He met us at the show about five minutes before it started, I guess he had trouble with his ride finding the way to the place plus the traffic was horrendous. What normally takes us less than 20 minutes took about 45. He did mostly Pink Floyd songs but also did about 3 of his own songs from his solo career. There were plenty of visuals that were definitely anti-Bush. Hard to believe that there are actually still about 30% who approve of him but I am getting off track. At one point a giant inflated pig was brought through the crowd. And right around the ass of the pig were the words "impeach Bush now". I think that was the highlight of the show. After doing at least two hours of music they took a 15 minute break and then came back and did the entire album Dark Side Of The Moon. There were supposed to be a lot of lights and things in the audience but I guess they were having technical difficulties. And then after the entire album they did an encore which lasted at least 20 minutes. They definitely gave us our money's worth. It was pretty awesome for me to see all of these songs live since I have heard that music since since the womb. I sure which the band would get back together and do a reunion tour. Too many big egos I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Powered by FeedBlitz