Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Proverbs 22

As you can see, I have fallen behind (way behind) on doing my one proverb a day. Rather than just saying forget it I will simply pick up today where I left off. Today I chose Proverbs 22:3 which reads: "A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it." This reminds me of another expression or question. What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results. While this is probably not exactly what is meant here it is very close. We have all heard people ask the question "Why does this keep happening to me?". If you were to look close enough you would probably find that they are doing a particular action that results in the troubles. For example, I have had many female friends who get into relationships that are doomed to fail. I am not saying this is just women or all women but the friends I am referring to have been women. They meet a guy who ignores them and does not give them time and complain about it rather than moving on to find someone who does treat them well. They will go after guy after guy who does the exact same thing. Yet others will continue to go back to the same person over and over and expecting different results each time. I guess this came to mind since I recently had a conversation with one of these friends about to do the same thing with the same person for the third time. Just in case anyone would read this and think of me nuts for making that connection to this scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Powered by FeedBlitz