Sunday, June 17, 2007

More runaround

I finally got my computer on Friday, June 8. It arrived without a monitor though. I guess they neglected to tell us that the monitor was on back order and would not be available to ship until Monday the 11th. So that part arrived this past Thursday. Luckily the monitor from my old computer worked as a temporary fix even though it made everything appear huge on the screen. It took me all weekend I think to figure out how to do things and get everything just the way I like it. And then it took me another day after receiving the monitor to adjust the rest. It has a nice large LCD monitor which allows me to comfortably have several windows open on the screen. The other day I was even able to watch a DVD in the corner while I was checking some e-mail and surfing the Internet.

On Friday night the 8th the low pressure alarm on my ventilator kept going off as I would drift off to sleep. After dealing with that throughout the night called the respiratory company and they had me turn now down the sensitivity on the low pressure. That helped somewhat but then it started doing it again and we tightened up my trachea ties and finally I was able to get some good sleep.

That seemed to be the end of it but then it occurred once or twice throughout the week and several times I woke up either with a headache or short of breath and also I was having difficulty talking properly. So on Friday I called my doctor and the first thing they say is to have the company check it again (the vent). What they sent to the respiratory company said that my ventilator kept shutting off. I don't know how they got that.

Anyway, the company is supposed to come and check it out again on Monday. But in the meantime all of the problems I have been having have have resolved themselves. On this past Friday I was being suctioned and got a considerably large plug out and after this is when I started to feel better. You would think that that would have caused high pressure to go off. I don't know if that was the cause or a coincidence but I am doing much better.

As far as getting my colonoscopy and tags removed I was told by the G.I. doctor that they were not comfortable doing it on me in my area. They recommended I have it done down in Miami at Mount Sinai Medical Center. I think I have a tentative date scheduled for the end of July but I am still not sure what I am doing and if I doing this. I am looking to get more information as to what type of risk it is that they are or I am looking at. I don't know if they are just being overly cautious because of the muscular dystrophy or if there is something else. This is something I am going to be finding out before I decide to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Powered by FeedBlitz